J2534 Software Updates - History
EASE Diagnostics Reprogramming Workbench Software update history
Click here to upgrade to the latest version J2534
- Analyze GM CAN Controllers – The GM SPA will now analyze a GM CAN controller
giving you the VIN, Calibration, DTCs, and MIL status.
- Read I/M status on GM CAN controllers – You can now read the I/M status on GM CAN controllers and get the
estimated result of an emissions test since the I/M status dialog is now active on the GM SPA for GM CAN
- Clear DTCs on GM CAN Controllers – You can now clear DTCs on GM CAN controllers using the GM SPA.
- Generic Mode $0A – Now you can read permanent DTCs on 2010 and newer vehicles using the new Generic Mode
$0A with the GM SPA, Ford SPA, Chrysler SPA, Toyota SPA, and Generic SPA.
- Ford’s FMP application – Ford changed the way FMP opens. Now the Ford SPA will open the new version of FMP
- Ford’s J2534 Configuration Utility – Ford changed the way its J2534 Configuration Utility needs to open
using Windows Vista or Windows Seven. Now when you open the utility from Ford’s SPA all the J2534 devices will
- Chrysler 2010 and newer vehicles – Chrysler changed the application used to program 2010 and newer model
year vehicles. Chrysler’s SPA has now allows you to reprogram 2010 and newer vehicles.
- Windows 7 – The RWB is now tested and certified for Windows Seven.
- TIS2WEB – Now you can reprogram GM vehicles using the new web-based TIS2WEB
application and EASE J2534 Universal Reprogrammer. Support of the EASE GM SPS device has been
- J2534-2 GM UART – This new J2534-2 channel has been added to the J2534 driver. TIS2WEB uses the channel to
reprogram OBD1 controllers that communicate on the GM UART protocol.
- Improved Off-Board Cables for Ford and Chrysler – The updated Off-Board cable database and the new cable
drawings provide more accurate cable lookup.
- Chrysler DCX 18.104.22.168 on Vista – Starting from version 22.214.171.124, DCX2534 uses a different flash files
folder on Windows Vista. Chrysler SPA has been updated to point to the correct flash files folder.
- New System Requirements – System requirements has been updated to reflect changes in OEM applications.
- Default OEM Application in Toyota SPA – Toyota SPA now includes the default settings for launching Toyota
- Windows Vista – Now you can reprogram vehicles using a PC that runs Windows
- GM CAN controllers – Added support for reprogramming of high-speed GM CAN controllers.
- Chrysler CAN controllers – Improved analyzing and reprogramming of Chrysler CAN controllers.
- J2534-2 Mixed CAN - This is a new feature for J2534-2 specification that allows RAW CAN and ISO15765 CAN
communication to occur on the same channel.
- Link to Reprogramming Anomalies – A website link was added to the reprogramming wizards under the help menu
where known reprogramming anomalies are described.
- Updated Off-Board Cables – The off-board cable database was updated.
- Express Mode for GM, Ford & Chrysler - This allows advanced users to skip steps in
the SPA to complete a reflash faster.
- Previous Calibration - A user could first perform an analyze before they reflash the controller to get the
previous calibration. After the flashing a controller a user could re-analyze the controller and see the
previous and new calibrations.
- Reports – In this version we enhanced the reporting features for Ford and Chrysler and also added this
feature for GM.
- Off-Board Cables (Regular + Raw) – This feature includes an updated cable database to help the user select
the correct cable for the controller that they are reprogramming. There is also the addition of the raw cable
that will allow a user to program a controller that a connector is not available for. With the Raw cable we
have provided detailed PDF instructions on how to hook the cable up to the controller by providing the pin outs
needed to do so.
- Part Number Lookup – Easily lookup if a vehicle controller needs a calibration update. This is done by
adding the ability for the user to go to a website with a controller part number and look it up to see what
TSB’s and updates are available for it. This feature is available for Ford and Chrysler SPAs only.
- VIN Decode –This feature decodes the VIN number and then displays the vehicle information for that
- Manual VIN – This feature allows the user to type the VIN number into the VIN decoder when the software was
unable to pull the VIN.
- Link to Tech-Support Website - Added a link to the tech support web site for assistance.
- Show Vehicle Battery Voltage – This feature allows the user to see what the battery voltage is before
starting a reflash to ensure that the battery is strong enough for the flash to complete.
- Enhanced DTC’s – Added the ability to pull and clear enhanced DTC’s on power train controllers for Ford
- Add RPO Lookup – Added GM’s Production Option Code Lookup to the GM SPA.
- Added New Documentation - Added Saturn Crank Relearn Procedure, Saturn Drivability Relearn Procedure, and
SKIM Initialization Procedure.